Gregory Commercial Furniture Chairs
Showing all 29 results
Gregory Commercial Furniture
Gregory Commercial Furniture is a proudly Australian owned company specialising in original and unique ergonomic seat technologies. With a philosophy guided by body centred design, Gregory Commercial Furniture strives to prevent the damage resulting from sitting incorrectly for long periods of time.
Gregory Commercial Furniture’s first chair was developed in 1988 by physiotherapist and company founder Peter Gregory. Peter Gregory created a chair to address the leading cause of occupational back pain in Australian office workers – unsupportive office chairs. Peter Gregory’s knowledge of anatomical reasons for chronic back pain and his knowledge on how to ensure correct seating posture, lead to the development of the original award-winning Dual Density Posture Support system.
Gregory Commercial Furniture understands that proper posture and support is not a one chair solution, which is why Gregory Commercial Furniture has researched and tested the best possible seat technologies and offer them in a variety of different styles of chair.
Gregory Commercial Furniture aims to be the leader in innovative ergonomic design, standards and high-quality manufacturing processes. Gregory Commercial Furniture produces a comprehensive range of seating, workstations, tables and health care equipment that offer the highest quality ergonomic solutions for their customers by:
- Reducing occupational health and safety risks
- Increasing staff productivity
- Incorporating modern office design and finishes
- Offering comprehensive product warranties
- Delivery great customer service
Gregory Commercial Furniture is recognised as the leaders in quality ergonomic furniture and equipment by developing new products, increasing brand recognition and expanding their market share.
At Gregory Commercial Furniture ergonomics is important and so is the environment. They are committed to the continual improvement of their manufacturing processes to ensure that the benefits of a sustainable design cover all aspects of product lifecycle.
Ergonomics is about ‘fitting the environment to the human form’. Ergonomic seating is critical in today’s office environment because the average office worker spends 80% of their time in their office chair. Ergonomics is the study of adjusting the environment to suit people; especially the science that seeks to adapt the working conditions of the individual. Proper ergonomics within the workplace reduces risk of work-related back injuries and increases overall productivity by reducing time taken off work due to injury and time spent in discomfort.
Injury prevention coupled with good ergonomic design in the workplace, has been shown to:
- Lower worker’s compensation costs
- Reduce the amount of time lost due to injury
- Increase morale and productivity
Gregory Commercial Furniture has achieved an ISO 14001 certification complimenting their existing certification to ISO 9001 giving you further confidence that you’re working with an environmentally mindful company.
Gregory Commercial Furniture is committed to providing a superior product and services, whilst minimising adverse impacts to the environment. Gregory Commercial Furniture continues to consider all aspects of their product’s impact on the environment, throughout their lifecycle: from raw material selection, right through to sustainable production methods as well as the reduction of waste and prevention of pollution. Gregory Commercial Furniture continually addresses the latest environmental issues through their integrated Quality & Environment Management System to ensure they continue to meet the requirements of the ISO 14001 standard.
At the end of a Gregory Commercial Furniture Chair’s life with a customer, Gregory Commercial Furniture will take back these chairs, dismantle them and the components are recycled.
Why is Ergonomics Important?
- Ergonomics reduces costs related to work related injury compensation
- Ergonomics improves productivity
- Ergonomics improves quality by reducing how taxing the task is on the worker enabling them to place more focus on the task at hand
- Ergonomics improves employee engagement
- Ergonomics creates a better safety culture
Gregory Commercial Furniture’s MyChair Mechanisms include two premium ergonomic mechanisms available with: Inca, Boxta, Scope, Slimline, Evoke, Petite chairs. These mechanisms have features including:
- AFRDI Level 6 Certification
- 3 lever independent mechanisms with adjustable seat height, seat tilt and back angle
- Improved stronger internal components
- Tested to extreme weight capacities
- Ergonomic adjustment paddles for ease of operation
- Improved clutch design for smoother movements and action
- 10 year warranty
Premium 3 Lever: Individual levers operate seat height, back angle and seat tilt angle.
Synchro: Movements of the seat and back is synchronised, so they both move together in increments of 2° (back movement) to 1° (seat movement).
Gregory Commercial Furniture’s Dual Density Posture Support System has been recognised by ergonomists and occupational health and medical professionals as providing a superior seating solution for improved office efficiency.
Dual Density features firmer foam in the front half of the seat and softer foam in the back half. The separation of the two foam densities is indicated by the split. The pelvis gently ‘sinks’ and is supported in the softer section in the correct seating position at the back of the chair.
Firmer foam at the front discourages the pelvis from sliding forward into the slouching “C” curve of poor posture.
The moulded foam also encourages and improves blood circulation behind the thighs. With the added height adjustable lumbar support the spine is maintained in the healthy, upright “S” curve of good posture which also creates less stress on the arms, shoulders and neck throughout the day.
Gregory Commercial Furniture Tri-Tek Pressure Reduction Technology is the latest seating design. Tri-Tek has been in development for over 2 years in conjunction with renowned international ergonomists, occupational therapists and Gregory’s in-house design team to provide the user with increased support and comfort.
Key features & benefits of Gregory Commercial Furniture’s Tri-Tek Pressure Reduction Technology:
- In most office chairs the body weight is spread throughout the seat pan thus restricting blood flow to the lower extremities. Tri-Tek reduces pressure under the thigh by centralising the weight to under the ischial tuberosities (siting bones) where there is less tissue and arteries
- The tear drop shape internal foam cores placed under the ischial tuberosities are contoured internally to ‘flex’ which balances the weight of the user to under the ischial tuberosities therefore promoting a healthy “S” curve in the spine
- The unique contouring of the seat and waterfall front act as a forward seat tilt without feeling like you are slipping out of the chair. This assists to open the pelvis and balance your head, spine and pelvis and promote the healthy “S” curve in the spine
- Moulded foam seat with anti-bacteriaside
- Patented Design